- helpful votes
- An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self While Caring for Others
- By: Laura van Dernoot Lipsky, Connie Burk
- Narrated by: Laura van Dernoot Lipsky
- Length: 8 hrs and 37 mins
A longtime trauma worker, Laura van Dernoot Lipsky offers a deep and empathetic survey of the often-unrecognized toll on those working to make the world a better place. We may feel tired, cynical, numb, or like we can never do enough. These, and other symptoms, affect us individually and collectively, sapping the energy and effectiveness we so desperately need if we are to benefit humankind, other animals, and the planet itself. Through Trauma Stewardship, we are called to meet these challenges in an intentional way.
Best book in its field
- By Anonymous User on 11-10-2020
Pronounced words wrong
Great book and very helpful, but was frustrating to hear “Iraq” and “Hafez” mispronounced. Would recommend fixing this as the pronunciation you have is not even close.