- helpful votes
Money Isn't the Problem, You Are
- By: Dain Heer, Gary M. Douglas
- Narrated by: Connor Hill
- Length: 2 hrs and 38 mins
This audiobook offers you out-of-the-box concepts with money. Money Isn't the Problem, You Are is written for people who live in a constant state of difficulty around money, whether it's spending too much, not having enough, or having too much. In Money Isn't the Problem, You Are, Gary Douglas and Dain Heer share processes, tools, and points of view that you can use to change the way money flows into your life.
- By Anonymous User on 08-11-2018
Some good ideas and weird worldview
Mixed feelings about this book.
* asking questions to expand views around money
* re-labelling terminology around money (eg ‘debt’ as ‘previous expenditure’
* carrying money with you to give you the feeling of having money
* affirmations to attract money
* having an abundance mindset
Along with this comes some pretty out there stuff
* ‘If today is not the best day of my life I am going to blow my brains out’
* there being 3 categories of beings: ‘humans’, ‘humanoids’, and ‘the other 1% they will tell you about some day’
* recovering money from dead people through their reincarnations
I see many of the reviews disliked the narrator, although personally I liked his voice 😀
Overall the book is thought-provoking and one of those ones I have been able to find some great valuable and useful information from whilst not agreeing with everything the authors have to say. May require a strong drink to listen to some of the views expressed by the authors 😀
Born to Run
- The Hidden Tribe, the Ultra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
- By: Christopher McDougall
- Narrated by: Fred Sanders
- Length: 11 hrs and 6 mins
Full of incredible characters, amazing athletic achievements, cutting-edge science, and, most of all, pure inspiration, Born to Run is an epic adventure that began with one simple question: Why does my foot hurt? In search of an answer, Christopher McDougall sets off to find a tribe of the world's greatest distance runners and learn their secrets - and in the process shows us that everything we thought we knew about running is wrong.
Interesting and v enjoyable
- By Belinda A. Booth on 01-05-2015
Having read the reviews I expected this book to be good. It was even better than I expected. Great storytelling. Full of wisdom about life. I have stopped wearing orthodics & started wearing bearfoot shoes. Inspirational book absolutely brilliant!