- helpful votes
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Techniques for Retraining Your Brain
- By: Jason M. Satterfield, The Great Courses
- Narrated by: Jason M. Satterfield
- Length: 12 hrs and 35 mins
- Original Recording
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a well-tested collection of practical techniques for managing moods and modifying undesirable behaviors through self-awareness, critical analysis, and goal-oriented change. CBT illuminates the links between thoughts, emotions, behaviors, and physical health and uses those connections to develop concrete plans for self-improvement. In 24 engaging half-hour lectures, you'll build a robust and effective self-improvement toolkit with the expert guidance of Professor Satterfield of the University of California, San Francisco.
Evidence-Based, Actionable and Well-Delivered information.
- By Anonymous User on 14-05-2018
Not for me.
Not what I was looking for. I was hoping for more of a self help book that would help me understand how my brain worked. This wasn’t it.
5 people found this helpful
Rewire Your Anxious Brain
- How to Use the Neuroscience of Fear to End Anxiety, Panic, and Worry
- By: Catherine M. Pittman PhD, Elizabeth M. Karle MLIS
- Narrated by: Susannah Mars
- Length: 6 hrs and 30 mins
Do you ever wonder what is happening inside your brain when you feel anxious, panicked, and worried? In Rewire Your Anxious Brain, psychologist Catherine Pittman and author Elizabeth Karle offer a unique, evidence-based solution to overcoming anxiety, based in cutting-edge neuroscience and research.
Great book for scientifically treating anxiety
- By Behrang on 18-03-2017
This booked had to much focus on the science of the brain rather than providing tools to assist with anxiety.
14 people found this helpful