- helpful votes
- The Glassblower Trilogy, Book 1
- By: Petra Durst-Benning, Samuel Willcocks (translator)
- Narrated by: Kristin Watson Heintz
- Length: 15 hrs and 16 mins
In the village of Lauscha in Germany, things have been done the same way for centuries. The men blow the glass, and the women decorate and pack it. But when Joost Steinmann passes away unexpectedly one September night, his three daughters must learn to fend for themselves. While feisty Johanna takes a practical approach to looking for work, Ruth follows her heart, aiming to catch the eye of a handsome young villager.
- By Sandra Petretich on 30-05-2017
I loved this story. It took a few chapters to get into it but once you really got to know the characters and their stories it was wonderful to follow them through their journey. I've just bought the next two books and can't wait to listen to them!