- helpful votes
How to Talk So Little Kids Will Listen
- A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7
- By: Joanna Faber, Julie King
- Narrated by: Heather Alicia Simms, Michele Pawk, Candace Thaxton, and others
- Length: 10 hrs and 8 mins
What do you do with a little kid who...won't brush her teeth...screams in his car seat...pinches the baby...refuses to eat vegetables...runs rampant in the supermarket? Organized according to common challenges and conflicts, this book is an essential emergency first-aid manual of communication strategies, including a chapter that addresses the special needs of children with sensory processing and autism spectrum disorders.
Worth persevering with!
- By Anonymous User on 10-10-2019
Loved it! So helpful and relatable. Having the tools repeated with relevant examples made the learning stick better.
The Jane Austen BBC Radio Drama Collection
- Six BBC Radio Full-Cast Dramatisations
- By: Jane Austen
- Narrated by: David Tennant, Benedict Cumberbatch, Julie McKenzie
- Length: 14 hrs and 27 mins
- Original Recording
A collection of BBC radio full-cast dramatisations of Jane Austen's six major novels. Jane Austen is one of the finest writers in the English language, and this volume includes all six of her classic novels. Mansfield Park: on a quest to find a position in society, Fanny Price goes to live with her rich aunt and uncle. Northanger Abbey: young, naïve Catherine Morland receives an invitation to stay at the isolated Gothic mansion Northanger Abbey.
Abridged, but well done.
- By Dean Spilias on 04-07-2016
I love the classic Jane Austen works and these radio dramatizations are quite well done! Although some of the nuances of the novels are lost, the story and feeling shines through brightly. The musical accompaniment is fitting and adds life to the scripting. This is truly a delightful audible experience :)